Things to Know Before You GO!
Before attending any PDS Open Driving Events, please make sure you consider all of these items prior to arriving for your event.
1. If you are driving over an hour to arrive at the track, we’d recommend staying at either of the discounted hotels that are available to any PDS student, friend or family member. It is important that you are well-rested and alert for you performance driving day! For discount hotel information CLICK HERE.
2. We would suggest not consuming alcohol at least 12 hours prior to the start of class. There is a ban on alcohol at the school until after your performance driving day is complete.
3. If driving your own vehicle, please remove any/all loose articles inside your vehicle and trunk prior to any event.
4. If driving your own vehicle, please insure your tires are inflated to the proper levels and your brakes are operating at peak efficiency.
5. For safety reason, convertibles are not allowed on the track unless they have a qualified ROP (roll-over protection) system or steel roll cage installed. We reserve the right to inspect any ROP system or roll cage prior to allowing the vehicle on the track.
6. We recommend that you wear thin soled flat shoes while driving. Helmets, driving suits and gloves are provided by the school.
7. Continental breakfast is provided for all driving events. Additional food and beverages are available at the racetrack.
8. All BIR PDS event participants must have a valid drivers license and must be 16 years of age or older.
9. A classroom safety session the morning of every event is MANDATORY prior to driving on the track.
10. You can arrive and register the same day for this event starting at 7:00 a.m. If this is your first time at the track and you would like a ride through with an instructor, please notify registration. The ride throughs are conducted between the hours of 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Mandatory safety session begins promptly at 8:00 a.m.
11. All event dates are subject to change due to severely inclement weather at the track and may be rescheduled. For weather conditions, please contact us toll-free at: 1-866-511-7606.